Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Running Diaries Part 1

So, I would call myself an ex-runner.  I started running in middle school and continued my running throughout college.  I would run several times a week and for 4-5 or more miles at a time.  I loved to run!  It wasn't always for exercise (although that is what I was doing), but I truly LOVED running!  Please notice the past tense of the word there...lovED.  I am not sure where that love for running went, but it has slowly faded and I am now an ex-runner.

This past week, Mary Beth took a picture of me and I quickly realized that I need to start getting back in shape. Now, I don't feel that I am out of shape, but rather, just someone who needs to do something before I get to that point.  So, I decided that I would start running again!

This morning, I woke at 5:30am and got ready to go run for the first time in a very LONG time.  It was 28 degrees and windy!  It was great weather for a first run in a long time (please since the sarcasm).  Anyway, I ran!  And I plan on keeping it up!  I felt great (other than being cold) and took it easy!

As I ran, I started thinking back to all the running that I used to do and why I used to run...because I loved it!  It will take some work to get back to the point where I love running again, but I am looking forward to the journey.  Stay healthy, run often, and smile at waking up early!

I will blog more about my experience as the running continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive