Sunday, January 23, 2011
Roller Coasters
One of the highlights of our family driving to Atlanta is seeing Six Flags right off of I-20. The boys love looking at the roller coasters and talking about the roller coasters. They talk about the colors of them, how big they are, that they are doing flips and you would have to go upside down! They are completely excited about the roller coasters!
But, when you ask them if they would want to RIDE them, you start to get a completely different response! NO, NO, NO! They then begin to talk about how they would not ever want to get on a roller coaster. It would be too scary. They are too big. That is not safe!
It is funny to listen to their view on them. They could look at them all day long, but when asked to ride, the answer is quickly NO!
I am afraid that Christians are the same way sometimes. We love talking about giving, serving, going, doing, missions, programs, etc., but when asked to "get on", we quickly start to backstep and say NO. We give the response, "that's not for me...someone else might do that, but I am not going to."
"I think it's a great idea to go to a foreign country and do missions, but I don't have the time or resources to do it."
"There is a need for people to serve in the preschool ministry with our toddlers, but that is not for me, I have grown children...I am not going back to do that. Someone else will do it."
"I have this great idea for a new ministry that we should start...but, I don't want to lead it or plan it...let someone else do that."
We seem to have excuse after excuse of why we won't get on the 'roller coaster'. Stop making up excuses and get on the ride. You might just enjoy what you have been looking at!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment