Here are a few reasons why we only get channels 2-13...
1. We have found, as a family, that our time together is more beneficial and vibrant if we do things other than plopping in front of the TV and watching a show or a movie. We have found that we can be more creative with our time and it allows us to have more fun as a family.
2. I am not as tempted to sit a watch game after game after game on a Saturday! I used to be that guy that could just sit himself in front of the TV and just watch, all day long. But, I have found that spending that precious time with my family is more important.
3. It is a lot more cost effective for us! There are some people that can afford to get 400 channels and have them all in HD, but for us, we would rather put our money into other things. And, what I have seen, is that there are people who say they don't have enough money to do this, or that, but they own a 5o" Flatscreen with all the latest surround sound, and every DVD/Blu-Ray known to man. I think it is a matter of financial stewardship for us. And TV is just not where we are going to steward ours.
4. I grew up with a dad who, when he got home from work, sat in front of the TV until, I went to sleep, or he did (usually in the chair). I feel that I missed out so much on have a dad interact with me. I don't want to be that dad for my kids. I want to play with them and interact with them.
5. Watching a movie or TV show is not necessarily quality time with my wife. We might have spent the last hour watching a show that we like, but if we haven't said a word to each other the whole time, what was the point?
I am not saying that I never watch TV...I do! I enjoy watching the news in the mornings, and there are a few shows that my wife and I watch together throughout the year. I also watch the occasional football or baseball game, but it is definitely not something that I am going to invest in and give my time to, when I can invest in so many other things that are better for me, and my family!
Just thought I would share!
*if you are a TV watcher, I am not against you having a TV and the hundreds of channels that you have. I just know for us...it is not beneficial!
No comments:
Post a Comment